Electrical faults and emergencies
If you experience any electricity faults or emergencies, call our 24 hour service line:
CitiPower 13 12 80
Powercor 13 24 12
SMS or email updates
Register to receive SMS or email power outage updates.Register
Joint Charity Partnership for Tour de Depot Shepparton
27 July 2017
Two local charities have been named as official partners of this year’s Powercor Tour de Depot Shepparton on Sunday 17 September.
Shepparton Foodshare and Inspired Carers will share the partnership with 75 per cent of funds raised going to Shepparton Foodshare while the remaining 25 per cent will be donated to Inspired Carers.
Powercor General Manager Corporate Affairs Melissa O’Neill said the company was pleased the funds would go towards helping an established non-profit organisation make an even bigger impact and to support a start-up program fill an identified service need.
“We can’t wait to bring the Tour de Depot back to Shepparton for the third year running and hope everyone comes along to support these two important causes and to enjoy a fun day out in celebration of the local community, “she said.
Shepparton Foodshare is an initiative that sources and distributes food to local schools and emergency response agencies in the Goulburn Valley area.
Operations Co-ordinator Bec Nicoll said the charity is thrilled to be the joint Tour de Depot charity partner.
“The funds raised will sustain Foodshare’s operations for seven months and provide approximately 350,000 meals to local people in need.
“Along with the positive impact of providing nutritious food to those that would otherwise go hungry, the social impact of the support also flows to the more than 20 volunteers whose combined work each week exceeds 100 hours”, Bec said.
The second charity partner, Inspired Carers offers support to families and carers of children with additional care needs.
Program Manager Nicole O’Brien said the money raised will fund a new program developed in response to an identified service gap for young people aged 15-21 with Autism, ADHD and Social Disabilities.
“As a small organisation which works at the grass roots with families who have a child with additional care needs we often see first-hand what would benefit local families.
“The money raised from the Tour de Depot will allow us to fill this gap and provide a service that is currently not offered in our community,” she said.
Returning to Shepparton on Sunday 17 September 2017, the Powercor Tour de Depot is for cyclists of all ages and abilities. It offers a 5km or 10km community ride and a timed event of 20km for more serious riders. A community festival will be held at the Victoria Park Lake finish line including free carnival rides, face painting and entertainment as well as food and market stalls and a sausage sizzle.
To register for the Powercor Tour de Depot visit: www.tourdedepot.com.au